IPW:UK WRESTLING & FITNESS TRAINING
::: As seen on BBC One's Inside Out South East.
::: Established 2006.
IPW:UK Wrestling & Fitness Training is more than just a wrestling training school - it's a fun and worthwhile weekly class, always accepting new trainees with any experience level, male or female.
Regular trainers are James Davis & Jonathan Windsor, with numerous international guest coaches and many other top professionals taking sessions as well. Some of our more recent guest coaches include the likes of British World of Sport professionals Danny Boy Collins & Johnny Kidd, Mexican legend Juventud Guerrera, MMA/wrestling cross-over star Bobby Lashley, current British standouts Zack Sabre Jr & Will Ospreay, and also former WWE developmental coach Nick 'U-Gene' Dinsmore.
With trainers of this quality, you know that the standard of coaching you will receive is of the best weekly standard in the United Kingdom—something that IPW:UK strives to achieve in all walks of their professional life.
Times: 1-4pm all abilities // 4-7pm advanced by invite only
Location: The Practise Hall, White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BT
Cost: £30.00 for your first session induction. From then on, each matted session is £15.00 and each ring session is £20.00, unless stated otherwise below.
SPECIAL SESSION NOTES & CHANGES:
NEW RECRUITS DAY INFORMATION - SUNDAY JANUARY 7TH: https://www.facebook.com/events/180087655686238/
- On Sunday January 31st 2016 we have a mixed ability training session at our usual venue of The White Oak Leisure Centre, Hilda May Avenue, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BT from 11.00am - 3.00pm. £30.00 to existing trainees, £45.00 to newcomers. A show ticket to our event that day in the same venue comes included in the training cost. The guest trainer is Jetta.
- On Sunday March 6th 2016 we have a mixed ability training session at the Angel Centre, Angel Lane, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1SF from 12pm-3.45pm. £35.00 to existing trainees, £45.00 to newcomers. A show ticket to our event that day in the same venue comes included in the training cost. The guest trainer is Johnny Kidd.
- On Saturday March 12th 2015 we have a mixed ability training session at the Snodland Community Centre, Paddlesworth Road, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5DP from 1pm-5pm. £35.00 to existing trainees, £45.00 to newcomers. A show ticket to our event that day in the same venue comes included in the training cost. The guest trainer is Chris Masters.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of each session and expect to stay 15 minutes after the end of the session. Good timekeeping is essential. Any questions on upcoming sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the age of 16? We will be scheduling juniors sessions, follow us on Facebook to keep yourself updated!
PRO WRESTLING & FITNESS EXPECTATIONS
IPW:UK have high standards both in and out of the ring, and expect all potential students to fulfil these standards both while at training or while involved in any wrestling related task or activity.
When not at sessions, always be sure to try and better yourself. Ensure you're a member of a gym, or take another class to keep up your core physical fitness. Our training team can help advise you on what classes or exercise routines will be best for pro wrestling.
Wrestling & Fitness sessions cost money to run - in order to make them financially viable to continue we need trainees with commitment to coming along week in, week out. You do not have to exclusively train with IPW:UK, but in order to graduate onto shows in the quickest time, it is advised.
Attire at sessions should include clean trainers, clean shorts or joggers, and a clean t-shirt or gym vest. Additionally, bring water to rehydrate. Personal hygeine is of the utmost importance - bring a towel to dry yourself down during the session, but the absolute key is dedication and commitment to becoming a professional wrestler. Bring money with you to each session, and be ready to pay as you walk in the door, do not enter the training session without the money to pay for your training.
Punctuality is a must. If you are late, you are missing out on key parts of a training session. While at sessions you should be alert, dedicated and listen explicitly to what your trainer is teaching you. If you miss something vital not only do you endanger yourself, but those who are learning around you.
fREQUENTLY aSKED qUESTIONS
We're asked these questions all the time, so to speed up the process...
- Yes, 16 is the minimum required age to intake with IPW:UK. No, we won't go lower.
- Yes, we've had trainees start with us upto and including the age of 40 before, so no, you're not too old.
- We are wrestling AND fitness training, so if you're not where you want to be with your fitness, that's something we work on too as well as your wrestling falls and holds.
- No, we don't have any other schools - only this one in Kent.
- How is the class structured? We open with a warm up, do fitness drills and then work into the wrestling training. Come and try it out.
- No, there's no commitment to other sessions, just come a try the one and see if it's for you.
NO NEED TO BOOK
Come on down to any advertised session - no need to book a place, we'll be there every week. If you're worried and want to double check, follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IPWTraining or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IPWTraining.
Not Too Sure?
If you're not 100% sure if this is for you, or you're not sure still what becoming an IPW trainee means, feel free to come down to one of our sessions and take part as an observer. It's £5 per session to just watch from the sidelines.
If you have any further questions, email promoter Daniel Edler at email@example.com.