IPW:UK WRESTLING & FITNESS TRAINING
::: As seen on BBC One's Inside Out South East.
IPW:UK Wrestling & Fitness Training is more than just a wrestling training school - it's a fun and worthwhile weekly class, always accepting new trainees with any experience level, male or female.
Regular trainers include the likes of James Davis & Jonathan Windsor, with numerous international guest coaches and many other top professionals taking sessions as well. Some of our more recent guest coaches include the likes of British World of Sport professionals Danny Boy Collins & Johnny Kidd, British NOAH star Zack Sabre Jr and recently also including former WWE developmental coach Nick 'U-Gene' Dinsmore.
With trainers of this quality, you know that the standard of coaching you will receive is of the best weekly standard in the United Kingdom—something that IPW:UK strives to achieve in all walks of their professional life.
£30 for the first session induction, £15 every session thereafter (unless otherwise stated below)
Weekend: Sundays, 2-6pm
Venue: The Practise Hall, White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BT
UPCOMING SESSION NOTES:
- On Sunday July 12th our training session will be at 12-midday until 3.30pm in the Angel Centre in Tonbridge, Kent. It will be an in-ring session and will cost £30.00 to existing trainees and £45.00 to newcomers. Included in the price is a general admission ticket to that evening's event, which will run until 8.30pm. The guest trainer will be Johnny Kidd.
- On Sunday July 19th our training session will be at 12-midday until 3.30pm in the usual venue of the White Oaks. The session is £20 and is split matted and ring. It begins in the Martial Arts room, which is directly above the Practise Hall. This includes a ticket to the event running from 4-6pm in the same venue.
- On Sunday August 9th our training session will be at 12-midday until 3.30pm in the Angel Centre in Tonbridge, Kent. It will be an in-ring session and will cost £35.00 to existing trainees and £50.00 to newcomers. Included in the price is a general admission ticket to that evening's event, which will run until 8.30pm. The guest trainers will be reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish).
- On Sunday August 23rd training will be at the Tap 'n' Tin in Chatham, Kent, from 1pm - the same venue as our show that evening. £35.00 to existing trainees, not open to newcomers (you must attend a Swanley session first). A show ticket comes included in the training cost. The guest trainer will be TNA star Robbie E.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of each session and expect to stay 15 minutes after the end of the session. Good timekeeping is essential. Any questions on upcoming sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the age of 16? We will be scheduling juniors sessions, follow us on Facebook to keep yourself updated!
PRO WRESTLING & FITNESS EXPECTATIONS
IPW:UK have high standards both in and out of the ring, and expect all potential students to fulfil these standards both while at training or while involved in any wrestling related task or activity.
When not at sessions, always be sure to try and better yourself. Ensure you're a member of a gym, or take another class to keep up your core physical fitness. Our training team can help advise you on what classes or exercise routines will be best for pro wrestling.
Wrestling & Fitness sessions cost money to put in - in order to make them financially viable to continue we need trainees with commitment to coming along week in, week out. You do not have to exclusively train with IPW:UK, but in order to graduate onto shows in the quickest time, it is advised.
Attire at sessions should include clean trainers, clean shorts or joggers, and a clean t-shirt or gym vest. Personal hygeine is also of utmost importance, but the absolute key is dedication and commitment to becoming a professional wrestler. Bring money with you to each session, and be ready to pay as you walk in the door, do not enter the training session without the money to pay for your training.
Punctuality is a must. If you are late, you are missing out on key parts of a training session. While at sessions you should be alert, dedicated and listen explicitly to what your trainer is teaching you. If you miss something vital not only do you endanger yourself, but those who are learning around you.
fREQUENTLY aSKED qUESTIONS
We're asked these questions all the time, so to speed up the process...
- Yes, 16 is the minimum required age to intake with IPW:UK as from April 2015.
- Yes, we've had trainees start with us upto and including the age of 40 before, so no, you're not too old.
- We are wrestling AND fitness training, so if you're not where you want to be with your fitness, that's something we work on too as well as your wrestling falls and holds.
- No, we don't have any other schools - only this one in Kent.
NO NEED TO BOOK
Come on down to any advertised session - no need to book a place, we'll be there every week. If you're worried and want to double check, follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IPWTraining or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IPWTraining.
Not Too Sure?
If you're not 100% sure if this is for you, or you're not sure still what becoming an IPW trainee means, feel free to come down to one of our sessions and take part as an observer. It's £5 per session to just watch from the sidelines.
If you have any further questions, email promoter Daniel Edler at email@example.com.