IPW:UK WRESTLING & FITNESS TRAINING
::: As seen on BBC One's Inside Out South East.
IPW:UK Wrestling & Fitness Training is more than just a wrestling training school - it's a fun and worthwhile weekly class, always accepting new trainees with any experience level, male or female.
Regular trainers include the likes of James Davis & Jonathan Windsor, with numerous international guest coaches and many other top professionals taking sessions as well. Some of our more recent guest coaches include the likes of British World of Sport professionals Danny Boy Collins & Johnny Kidd, British NOAH star Zack Sabre Jr and also former WWE developmental coach Nick 'U-Gene' Dinsmore.
With trainers of this quality, you know that the standard of coaching you will receive is of the best weekly standard in the United Kingdom—something that IPW:UK strives to achieve in all walks of their professional life.
When: Sundays, 1-4pm all abilities, 4-7pm advanced by invite only.
Where: The Practise Hall, White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BT
Cost: £30.00 for your first session induction. From then on, each matted session is £15.00 and each ring session is £20.00, unless stated otherwise below.
SPECIAL SESSION NOTES & CHANGES:
- PLEASE NOTE that since Sunday July 26th training at IPW:UK now begins at 1pm with the sessions split into two categories. Open session (1-4pm) and advanced invitation only (4-7pm). Each session is £15, or £20 for both.
- On Saturday August 8th we have a bonus training session, 2pm-6pm, open for all abilities at the White Oak Leisure Centre with IPW:UK World Champion Bad Bones. £20.00 existing trainees, £30.00 newcomers.
- On Sunday August 9th our training session will be a mixed session at 12-midday until 3.30pm in the Angel Centre in Tonbridge, Kent. It will be an in-ring session and will cost £35.00 to existing trainees and £50.00 to newcomers. Included in the price is a general admission ticket to that evening's event, which will run until 8.30pm. The guest trainers will be reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish).
- On Sunday August 23rd training will be a mixed session at the Tap 'n' Tin in Chatham, Kent, from 1pm - the same venue as our show that evening. £35.00 to existing trainees, not open to newcomers (you must attend a Swanley session first). A show ticket comes included in the training cost. The guest trainer will be TNA star Robbie E.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of each session and expect to stay 15 minutes after the end of the session. Good timekeeping is essential. Any questions on upcoming sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the age of 16? We will be scheduling juniors sessions, follow us on Facebook to keep yourself updated!
PRO WRESTLING & FITNESS EXPECTATIONS
IPW:UK have high standards both in and out of the ring, and expect all potential students to fulfil these standards both while at training or while involved in any wrestling related task or activity.
When not at sessions, always be sure to try and better yourself. Ensure you're a member of a gym, or take another class to keep up your core physical fitness. Our training team can help advise you on what classes or exercise routines will be best for pro wrestling.
Wrestling & Fitness sessions cost money to run - in order to make them financially viable to continue we need trainees with commitment to coming along week in, week out. You do not have to exclusively train with IPW:UK, but in order to graduate onto shows in the quickest time, it is advised.
Attire at sessions should include clean trainers, clean shorts or joggers, and a clean t-shirt or gym vest. Additionally, bring water to rehydrate. Personal hygeine is of the utmost importance - bring a towel to dry yourself down during the session, but the absolute key is dedication and commitment to becoming a professional wrestler. Bring money with you to each session, and be ready to pay as you walk in the door, do not enter the training session without the money to pay for your training.
Punctuality is a must. If you are late, you are missing out on key parts of a training session. While at sessions you should be alert, dedicated and listen explicitly to what your trainer is teaching you. If you miss something vital not only do you endanger yourself, but those who are learning around you.
fREQUENTLY aSKED qUESTIONS
We're asked these questions all the time, so to speed up the process...
- Yes, 16 is the minimum required age to intake with IPW:UK.
- Yes, we've had trainees start with us upto and including the age of 40 before, so no, you're not too old.
- We are wrestling AND fitness training, so if you're not where you want to be with your fitness, that's something we work on too as well as your wrestling falls and holds.
- No, we don't have any other schools - only this one in Kent.
- How is the class structured? We open with a warm up, do fitness drills and then work into the wrestling training.
NO NEED TO BOOK
Come on down to any advertised session - no need to book a place, we'll be there every week. If you're worried and want to double check, follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IPWTraining or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IPWTraining.
Not Too Sure?
If you're not 100% sure if this is for you, or you're not sure still what becoming an IPW trainee means, feel free to come down to one of our sessions and take part as an observer. It's £5 per session to just watch from the sidelines.
If you have any further questions, email promoter Daniel Edler at email@example.com.